FISH ST HELENS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St Helens card

+5
hisnibs
johnwoods
markobrowning
marcus
stevierowe
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

St Helens card Empty St Helens card

Post by stevierowe Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:10 am

Anybody know if 2011 cards are available yet?Heard someone say they are'nt out yet.
Steve

stevierowe
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

St Helens card Empty Re: St Helens card

Post by marcus Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:31 pm

yeah jeans will have em steve , they are deffo out
marcus
marcus
TOP POSTER AND VALUED MEMBER

Number of posts : 1314
F.S.H : St Helens card 708ea916

Back to top Go down

Post by markobrowning Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:52 am

how much are we being had this year, i might get one, reluctantly as the money doesn't seem to go back into the club or at least not into the right waters. Are there no committee members on here to explain where they money goes as it should be publicised.
markobrowning
markobrowning
I LOVE THIS BOARD I DO!
I LOVE THIS BOARD I DO!

Number of posts : 341
F.S.H : St Helens card 9dd11ebe

Back to top Go down

Post by marcus Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:11 am

that would be interesting mark! i think there £27
marcus
marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by johnwoods Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:27 am

the money is all accounted for at the appropriate time, i take it you dont attend the meetings then
johnwoods
johnwoods
A DAB HAND
A DAB HAND

Number of posts : 214
F.S.H : St Helens card 7db0e9a0

Back to top Go down

Post by hisnibs Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Unfortunatly we are not all able to attend meetings due to work commitments etc, Therefore this would be an ideal opportunity to let us know where OUR money goes!!
hisnibs
hisnibs

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

St Helens card Empty St Helens Card

Post by diggerbuff Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:38 pm

IT DOESN'T GO ON STOCKING FISH THAT'S FOR SURE,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diggerbuff

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by markobrowning Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:45 pm

Unlike some who can fish all day everyday, I work for a living and as i pay for a licence year in year out would it not be an idea to put the expenditure guide in the permit to be transparent and we can see when the last penny was spent on the canal. It doesn't go on the st helens aa website either so why mention it in the licence, 2011 permit prices aren't even on there. This site created by an individual puts a club to shame and is a great asset for st helens aa.
markobrowning
markobrowning
I LOVE THIS BOARD I DO!
I LOVE THIS BOARD I DO!

Back to top Go down

Post by johnwoods Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:31 pm

well finances were when i last attended discussed at the agm for the life of me i cant recall if they were done at monthly members meetings.

why would anyone want to stock any more fish into the canal its rammed any money would be better spent reducing the amount of stunted little fish in there

better quality fish win me over every day in fact that woulod be my major gripe with the aa that most waters cater for the fill your net brigade rather than anglers who would liketo catch lets say roach around 2lb and 3lb perch id dearly love waters with double figure tench as well not to mention the odd 20 pound pike

but hey ho that wont happen as everyone else seems to want to stuff waters with daft little f1 things
johnwoods
johnwoods
A DAB HAND
A DAB HAND

Back to top Go down

Post by Air-Guzzler Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:32 am

One of the main problems with the likes of the canal is that the club many many years ago took ethe dicision not to stock the canal with natural preditors e.g Pike.
I have heard that the hotties section some years ago did have one in but one pik ein a water if that size and stocked to the levels that it is will not manage the water on its own.

Since the hot water was stopped from flowing into the canal which IIR used to kill all of the natural food. you could bag up on every inch of teh bank.
How ever the water is now just above the normal water temp of any water around the NW and so fish have reverted to the more natural food.

In addition John do you really expet to catch thos sort of weighted Tench & Carp in a St Helens water LOL the carp in St Helens area used to be the best travelled carp around, spending there summers in Mill Dam, & The Mere due to a FEW carp lads wanting to move fish around waters without the clubs knowing.

3lb perch I'm guessing ar estill in teh canal but your going to have to live/dead bait for them. I would suggest that you try pag 10 on the canal
Air-Guzzler
Air-Guzzler
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Number of posts : 63
F.S.H : St Helens card 5a461de7

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerbuff Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:53 am

IT'S NOT ABOUT STUFFING THE CANAL WITH F1s OR ANY OTHER FISH,.. HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF NEW STRAINS OF FISH,,THATS WHAT THE CANAL NEEDS LIKE MANY OTHER WATERS,..WHEN DID YOU LAST CATCH A TENCH ON THE MATCH LENGHTH,.I HAVE ONLY HAD ONE IN FIFTY ODD YEARS OF FISHING THE LENGHTH,.WHATS WRONG WITH STOCKING IT WITH WINTER FEEDING FISH LIKE CHUB AND HYDE THAY SEAM TO THRIVE EVERYWERE ELSE,..ST HELENS AA SHOULD TAKE A LESSON OUT OF PILKINGTONS AA BOOKS, AND SPEND SOME MONEY ON STOCKING FISH FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE BUYING THE PERMITS NOW, NOT FOR THE DISTANT FUTURE PERMIT HOLDER,..THE CANAL MIGHT NOT BE THERE THEN.

diggerbuff

Back to top Go down

Post by johnwoods Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:00 pm

there are plenty of chub in the canal my current pb from there is 4lbs 1 ounce as for ide i assume that is the fish you meant by the name hyde

then please allow me to disabuse you of the otion that they are stocked everywhere, being a non native invasive species and as such as would not be allowed to be stocked into an open waterway such as the canal, the same goes for carr mill dam and the other stretches of canal and river the club control

and new strains of fish is precisly what an f1 is ide and chub would be a new species, or not so new in the case of chub, plus one of those other oft ignored facts about chub do you have any idea how predatory they are, thankfully they are in there along with the other predators like perch and carp or the water would be a disease infested hole like many commercials are
johnwoods
johnwoods
A DAB HAND
A DAB HAND

Back to top Go down

Post by markobrowning Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:26 pm

mike, i think us permit buyers are pissing in the wind, the question is when was the last penny spent on the canal. Carp brigade are obviously content with legga and the tip brigade on carr mill so the hardcore matchman who turns out in wind and rain on the canal all winter in the public view encouraging the future anglers don't matter to the club.
markobrowning
markobrowning
I LOVE THIS BOARD I DO!
I LOVE THIS BOARD I DO!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigal Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:48 am

The canal is crying out for skimmers, a couple of thousand doesnt cost mega bucks, yet there is no investment in what was one of the best canals in the country on its day.
There is also theft of fish and natural death of fish, so to say the canal is jam packed with fish is untrue. Something needs to be done or members will vote with their feet and go elsewhere, i have!!

bigal
A DAB HAND
A DAB HAND

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by marcus Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:14 am

well to be honest i dont want to get drawn into this argument to much! but i will say this, when i first moved down here to st helens in 96 the canal was crawling with fish and when talking to anglers back then there were plenty comments like its not a patch on what it used to be years ago! since then the fishing in general on the the canal as declined significantly with each passing year, you only have to look through the match records from a few years ago and its all there in black and white! the way forward can only be a sustained restocking programme over a few years, fish prices are very reasonable and there is no reason i can see why the club do not invest in fish for the canal it can only be a positive step! and with the new reports of match/pleasure catches the obvious knock on effect of more money in the coffers for the club with all the new members willing to fork out for a permit! £3000 would be nice start to a restocking programme! the link below is one of the best places price wise to acquire small carp!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and the following is a full list price for all species of coarse fish from fair fisheries! you can download this from our servers to keep for the future reference!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the only real way to get this done if the club is not willing to listen to the argument of restocking is for a load of members get together and put the proposal into the committee a month before the next agm and then turn up on the day and vote it through! its a long winded process but the only way to get the job done! its your club at the end of the day and its going to take a near revolution to make a wind of change!
marcus
marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerbuff Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:32 am

AL i have done my talking with my feet also, I don't go either, and we are not on alone,..just look at how many are turning up for the wednesday match,.10 or 12 on a good day,.i think this speaks volume,.....If things don't start to pick up this will be another permt i will not be renewing next year.

diggerbuff

Back to top Go down

Post by markobrowning Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:35 pm

I have been a match regular like you on the canal for the last 15 years and remember having to book on to get a place with 30+ anglers including the England Captain and his son turning up regular due to its reputation and good fishing. Lots of people have become fed up with the last few years terrible fishing. I bought a permit and have fished once this year and may not be going again, i would like to think that my £24 has been put to good use.
markobrowning
markobrowning
I LOVE THIS BOARD I DO!
I LOVE THIS BOARD I DO!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigal Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:02 pm

I remember the 30 odd bodies all itching to draw the 20's and 30's, even then most people caught well and it wasn't just carp. I've seen many matches with huge bags of silver fish. If the canal was full of fish the 12 or so anglers would be bagging up, nobody bags up now. What does that tell you. The likes of us regulars have got more of an idea than most on the current stock of fish in there and without a shadow of doubt it needs stocking.

I bought the permit reluctantly this year just to fish the matches, I may fish Carr mill or the dig pit in summer but that's it really. I must say though the stretch of ribble is a decent stretch but from what I can gather it's maintained mostly by Wigan aa, they did the work in the bridges.

As for the aa website, just look at Warrington, Wigan etc and compare them!!

bigal
A DAB HAND
A DAB HAND

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerbuff Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 pm

What Web Site,................I rest my case,...................

diggerbuff

Back to top Go down

Post by THE 1 Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:07 pm

Well i have been looking through all your comments and every one has the right to speak out about your sport but every one who has a permit also has one more thing that came with the £24 permit and that is a VOTE use your heads get to the AGM and put it down on paper like we used to do, no use moaning you have to do some thing
enough said
BAZ - LITTLEWOOD.
THE 1
THE 1

Number of posts : 511
F.S.H : St Helens card 167ec439

Back to top Go down

Post by johnwoods Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:20 pm

THE 1 wrote:Well i have been looking through all your comments and every one has the right to speak out about your sport but every one who has a permit also has one more thing that came with the £24 permit and that is a VOTE use your heads get to the AGM and put it down on paper like we used to do, no use moaning you have to do some thing
enough said
BAZ - LITTLEWOOD.

you have already had the answer to that though silent
johnwoods
johnwoods
A DAB HAND
A DAB HAND

Back to top Go down

Post by marcus Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:06 am

i was under the impression that if a proposal is put in front of the committee and its voted through by the members the committee canr refuse the proposal!
marcus
marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by markobrowning Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:56 am

Is that only at the AGM where a decision could be made? Then thinking time, organising, introducing fish another few years passed!

Members Meetings – First Tuesday of each month.
Committee Meeting – Last Tuesday of each month.
A.G.M. – Tuesday 18th October, 2011, 7.30pm prompt.

AGM Propositions

Must be submitted in writing to the secretary 14 days prior to the AGM.

markobrowning
markobrowning
I LOVE THIS BOARD I DO!
I LOVE THIS BOARD I DO!

Back to top Go down

Post by THE 1 Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:11 pm

You can call an extra ordinary general meeting at anytime if so many members want one check your rules
Now i have not had the answer to that one?
THE 1
THE 1

Number of posts : 511
F.S.H : St Helens card 167ec439

Back to top Go down

Post by Air-Guzzler Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:32 pm

johnwoods wrote:
THE 1 wrote:Well i have been looking through all your comments and every one has the right to speak out about your sport but every one who has a permit also has one more thing that came with the £24 permit and that is a VOTE use your heads get to the AGM and put it down on paper like we used to do, no use moaning you have to do some thing
enough said
BAZ - LITTLEWOOD.

But as you know Baz how many will turn up and vote and how many will just Moan
Air-Guzzler
Air-Guzzler
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Number of posts : 63
F.S.H : St Helens card 5a461de7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content