Partridge lakes?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Partridge lakes?

Post by Adam13033 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:03 am

Thought I'd let you know how I got on....

Got there at 8:30 and started speaking to a few people.. Was told that they didn't know how it'd fish seeing as it was really cold all night... 9:15 we drew our pegs, unfortunately for me I drew peg 8, the wind was blowing right across and I instantly knew I had a hard days fishing ahead of me.

After numerous indications, line bites and missed bites I finally landed a decently sized F1, didn't half tear the elastic from my match top 3.. Everything went quiet from there, I tried the far bank on the bottom and shallow, did the same with the middle and the margins, both left and right... Not even a indication. I looked around and noticed that everyone fishing on the far right, the direction the wind was blowing was catching, the fish were following the wind, I instantly knew I wasn't in with a chance. About 40 mins before we had to pull out I landed another fish, what appeared to be a common or a big F1 ... And that was all I had to mention for.

A man fishing between the islands who I was talking to only got 25lb where as the people fishing around peg 10 were bagging up to 50lbs. Unlucky draw for me.

Despite it fishing very, very hard it has been put down to experience, and it's something I really look forward to doing in the future. I guess you could say I've caught the 'match fishing bug'

All in all, I think the weather had a big part to play in it, the fish just didn't appear to be there, regardless of what I had on my hook.

Adam13033

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by marcus on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:29 pm

well sounds like a baptism of fire adam after a hard day like that things will only get better mate, thursdays are pretty good with more space for everyone so if you can get there then its worth a go for your second match! well done mate

marcus
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1314
F.S.H :

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam13033 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Well I've got Thursdays off college so I'll see if I can get up there on Thursday Smile. Seeing as I've learnt now to fish shallow there just feeding maggots and casters in constantly to attract the fish I think that's what I'll be doing.. And hopefully, I'll draw Covey 3, seeing as according to everyone else it has the most mirrors in Wink

Adam13033

Back to top Go down

Post by marcus on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:05 pm

adam i sent you a pm mate

marcus
Admin
Admin

F.S.H :

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam13033 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:55 pm

Read and replied

Adam13033

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisw on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:42 am

fishing has changed now m8 your not really going to catch shallow or down edge unless your on alot of fish and even then your only going to be looking for 70 pound to win the match. if i was you going again id fish swims at 3 ft, 4ft and have a track line that you should heavily feed every 20 mins with maggots and keep looking on it untill you start getting signs if you go 5 mins without a bite re pot with maggots and go back to your lines across

chrisw

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisfish on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:05 am

Any1 knw wot lakes r fishing well

chrisfish

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisfish on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:21 am

Fished holbar 2 today had 5 carp an me first ever chub of about 3lbs so i was happy, top fishery and the staff were friendly and very helpful cat wait for my next visit

chrisfish

Back to top Go down

Post by marcus on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:21 pm

love fishing partridge just wish i could get down there more often but no car! an the price of running one is through the roof!

marcus
Admin
Admin

F.S.H :

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisfish on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:05 pm

It was my first visit last week, really enjoyed it nxt time i go my aim is to catch a barbel

chrisfish

Back to top Go down

partridge lakes

Post by woody 1 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:54 pm

chrisfish wrote:It was my first visit last week, really enjoyed it nxt time i go my aim is to catch a barbel
what lake did u fish marcus
woody 1
TOP POSTER AND VALUED MEMBER
TOP POSTER AND VALUED MEMBER

Number of posts : 365
F.S.H :
: :

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisfish on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:36 pm

Fished willow lake today an drew a big fat blank, gutted is not the word, roll on spring

chrisfish

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisfish on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:32 am

Any1 fished here recently thinkin of goin tomoro

chrisfish

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisfish on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:09 am

Fished on piper lake today, had a few roach an lost 2 nice carp, 1 was easy touching double figures, gutted wasnt the word. always love fishing this venue and the sausage an bacon barms are to die for an the staff are great aswell, cant wait for my nxt visit

chrisfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum