ONE OFF LUGGY

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ONE OFF LUGGY

Post by marcus on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A few hours on lugsmore produced this lovely fully scaled mirror! Very Happy
avatar
marcus
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1314
F.S.H :

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE OFF LUGGY

Post by Ade on Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:10 pm

nice fish mate.

Ade
Regular Member
Regular Member

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE OFF LUGGY

Post by marcus on Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:10 am

cheers bud Smile i whent on today and couldnt get a bite Evil or Very Mad
avatar
marcus
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1314
F.S.H :

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE OFF LUGGY

Post by jamie on Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:37 am

nice one laaa'

jamie
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Luggy Lane

Post by newo on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:57 am

whats the biggest fish ever caught on luggy lane ?????

newo

newo
New member
New member

Number of posts : 18
F.S.H :

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE OFF LUGGY

Post by waggler woman on Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:19 pm

newo wrote:whats the biggest fish ever caught on luggy lane ?????

newo

hi newo Very Happy i believe it was a pike in the low thirtys not sure of the exact weight but it was captured by gary croft.
avatar
waggler woman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 878
F.S.H :

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE OFF LUGGY

Post by ste hammy on Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:44 pm

Ill find out tomoz off him and find out for yahs
avatar
ste hammy
TOP POSTER AND VALUED MEMBER
TOP POSTER AND VALUED MEMBER

Number of posts : 379
Age : 28
F.S.H :
: :

Back to top Go down

biggest fish from luggy lane

Post by newo on Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:14 am

i remember a pike of of 27lbs4 oz caught by the chap who had the small shop in Borough Rd Tom Hendry, it was, and maybe still is in a glass case in the Percivel Room at Ruskin Drive
also for a long time luggy lane held the carp record for St Helens a fish of 22lbs in the early 50s so over the years its been a terrific water ,,and should be looked after better than it is at present newo

newo
New member
New member

Number of posts : 18
F.S.H :

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE OFF LUGGY

Post by waggler woman on Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:58 am

Hi newo, I went to the Lugsmore AGM last week (16th Feb) only me turned up as a member and 13 committee members, anyway it didn't last long and we all had to stand on the site in the freezing cold because the cabin was full, they are not allowed to put anymore fish in the dam for 2 years, all the money they made last year went on stocking of fish then netting it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes (the treasurer didn't even have the figures on the money side) and they said that the EA said there is to much silt in the dam. This year they said that all the money is going to be used on the pegs and groundwork, and the water its self is going to be left alone. I must say i went to Pilks AGM this year for the first time as i have only been a member for 1 year, and the way it was conducted was professional, its a shame the lugsmore AGM wasn't conducted in the same manner.
avatar
waggler woman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 878
F.S.H :

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE OFF LUGGY

Post by markobrowning on Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:27 pm

HOW CAN A TREASURER TURN UP FOR AN AGM WITHOUT THE FIGURES, ANY OTHER CLUB WOULD GIVE THE TREASURER THE BOOT I AM SURE I WOULD INSIST ON IT IF I WAS A MEMBER Shocked
avatar
markobrowning
I LOVE THIS BOARD I DO!
I LOVE THIS BOARD I DO!

Number of posts : 341
Age : 49
F.S.H :

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE OFF LUGGY

Post by newo on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:34 pm

waggler woman wrote:Hi newo, I went to the Lugsmore AGM last week (16th Feb) only me turned up as a member and 13 committee members, anyway it didn't last long and we all had to stand on the site in the freezing cold because the cabin was full, they are not allowed to put anymore fish in the dam for 2 years, all the money they made last year went on stocking of fish then netting it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes (the treasurer didn't even have the figures on the money side) and they said that the EA said there is to much silt in the dam. This year they said that all the money is going to be used on the pegs and groundwork, and the water its self is going to be left alone. I must say i went to Pilks AGM this year for the first time as i have only been a member for 1 year, and the way it was conducted was professional, its a shame the lugsmore AGM wasn't conducted in the same manner.

i dont want to disagree with you waggler woman but they are so professional that they lost Luggy lane from it being a pilkingtons ac water and im my opinion the waters are going to pot,
hardly any water plants and weeds to be seen, why, too many Carp digging them out,but of course i could be wrong, i believe some more mini carp are going into Mill dam, where will it all end ?????

newo
New member
New member

Number of posts : 18
F.S.H :

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE OFF LUGGY

Post by johnwoods on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:48 pm

newo wrote:
waggler woman wrote:Hi newo, I went to the Lugsmore AGM last week (16th Feb) only me turned up as a member and 13 committee members, anyway it didn't last long and we all had to stand on the site in the freezing cold because the cabin was full, they are not allowed to put anymore fish in the dam for 2 years, all the money they made last year went on stocking of fish then netting it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes (the treasurer didn't even have the figures on the money side) and they said that the EA said there is to much silt in the dam. This year they said that all the money is going to be used on the pegs and groundwork, and the water its self is going to be left alone. I must say i went to Pilks AGM this year for the first time as i have only been a member for 1 year, and the way it was conducted was professional, its a shame the lugsmore AGM wasn't conducted in the same manner.

i dont want to disagree with you waggler woman but they are so professional that they lost Luggy lane from it being a pilkingtons ac water and im my opinion the waters are going to pot,
hardly any water plants and weeds to be seen, why, too many Carp digging them out,but of course i could be wrong, i believe some more mini carp are going into Mill dam, where will it all end ?????

if everyone wanted silver fish, more natural waters why not vote with your money and dont buy the tickets for clubs where you dont agree with their water management policys, just an idea
im only a member of one local club and as much as i may not like certain things within the club the thing is i respect the ideas and rulings behind em

oh im not a member of pilks or lugsmore although i have been members of both in the past
avatar
johnwoods
A DAB HAND
A DAB HAND

Number of posts : 214
Age : 42
F.S.H :

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE OFF LUGGY

Post by newo on Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:15 am

if everyone wanted silver fish, more natural waters why not vote with your money and dont buy the tickets for clubs where you dont agree with their water management policys, just an idea
im only a member of one local club and as much as i may not like certain things within the club the thing is i respect the ideas and rulings behind em

oh im not a member of pilks or lugsmore although i have been members of both in the past
a barman is just a doctor with a limited pharmeceutical inventory
johnwoods
Regular Member

i dont recall saying i wanted silver fish stocking, i think you are missing the point of my post
maybe if you had seen mill dam in the 50s in its prime and eccy mere at the same time in its prime you would understand what i mean, both lakes were beautifull waters lined alround with bushes and large weed beds specially Mill dam all along the roadside was one big weed bed, the fishing was teriffic and yes that includes carp and tench, for me fishing is not just about catching fish but good surrounding too come into it, since the glory days both Mill dam and eccy mere have declined in quality of fishing along with the weedbeds went the fishing, the fish can spawn ok but the young dont survive because there is no cover for them to hide and are eaten by other fish when they were full of weeds these lakes didnt need stocking they stocked themselves ,because small fry survived ok
i suppose you could include carriage drive in the equasion as that used to be solid weeds as well but again since the introdution of carp that too has declined i dont blame you for wanting more carp in the waters but i am concerned about whats happening to those same waters, if it carries on we will have loads of waters stocked with stunted carp and little else

newo

newo
New member
New member

Number of posts : 18
F.S.H :

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE OFF LUGGY

Post by markobrowning on Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:48 pm

I KNOW WHERE YOUR COMING FROM DO YOU REMEMBER TAYLOR PARK WITH THE WEEDS AROUND THE OUTSIDE IN THE 70'S GREAT FISHING OFF THE RAILINGS JUST TO THE END OF THE WEEDS Smile
avatar
markobrowning
I LOVE THIS BOARD I DO!
I LOVE THIS BOARD I DO!

Number of posts : 341
Age : 49
F.S.H :

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE OFF LUGGY

Post by johnwoods on Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:07 pm

i dont recall saying i wanted silver fish stocking, i think you are missing the point of my post
maybe if you had seen mill dam in the 50s in its prime and eccy mere at the same time in its prime you would understand what i mean, both lakes were beautifull waters lined alround with bushes and large weed beds specially Mill dam all along the roadside was one big weed bed, the fishing was teriffic and yes that includes carp and tench, for me fishing is not just about catching fish but good surrounding too come into it, since the glory days both Mill dam and eccy mere have declined in quality of fishing along with the weedbeds went the fishing, the fish can spawn ok but the young dont survive because there is no cover for them to hide and are eaten by other fish when they were full of weeds these lakes didnt need stocking they stocked themselves ,because small fry survived ok
i suppose you could include carriage drive in the equasion as that used to be solid weeds as well but again since the introdution of carp that too has declined i dont blame you for wanting more carp in the waters but i am concerned about whats happening to those same waters, if it carries on we will have loads of waters stocked with stunted carp and little else

newo[/quote]

Inever said anything about stocking sorry if my post hinted at that by silver fish waters i was alluding to natural waters with native species for the most part

why are there so few weeds on most of the waters you have mentioned
two reasons for my tuppenceworth weeds get removed so more anglers can get on and loose less kit and the predominance of ccarp stockings at high levels.
Now why are both of these so troublesome, its surely what the members of the clubs want isnt it or why would they keep buying the tickets, and rarely bother to attend meetings.
Im not having a go per say but how many of you out there actually go to the meetings? I know i havnt in about 4 years now but saying that i dont fish locally (well on club waters anyway) a great deal. In the past as ive said i may not persoally have liked what was happening in one club but I as a single member want different things than most out of my fishing so what would have suited me would have had a massivly detrimental effect on the club. thankfully the club doesnt seem to be massivly pro carp (yes for those who know me i used to love my carp fishing) and so accordingly its waters while some are full off carp and the associated problems quite a few are not stuffed full of the things
avatar
johnwoods
A DAB HAND
A DAB HAND

Number of posts : 214
Age : 42
F.S.H :

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE OFF LUGGY

Post by newo on Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:21 am

markobrowning wrote:I KNOW WHERE YOUR COMING FROM DO YOU REMEMBER TAYLOR PARK WITH THE WEEDS AROUND THE OUTSIDE IN THE 70'S GREAT FISHING OFF THE RAILINGS JUST TO THE END OF THE WEEDS Smile

yes i do indeed remember, in fact it was like that till 1976the year of the heatwave when the hot weather and weeds took all the oxigen from the water lots of fish died, a lot were rescued some went into paddock dam and some into leg o Mutton big Dave Knowles was the ranger then and he dragged all the weeds out using a ladder tied to the back of the motor launch the fish that were left after the deaths grew to specimen proportions (is there a lesson about overstocking here, it has recovered ok without restocking) then the council put in the fountain its still working. ,another thing you might remember is all the roach had a gold patch on their gills ive not seen this anywhere else newo

newo
New member
New member

Number of posts : 18
F.S.H :

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE OFF LUGGY

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum