FISH ST HELENS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

canal

5 posters

Go down

canal Empty canal

Post by rod Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:52 am

been watchin most of the match vids on the canal there always seem to return decent weights , as im not local i would like to know a bit about the place anyone help ? ste hammy ? ie how wide what bait etc

rod

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

canal Empty Re: canal

Post by waggler woman Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:48 pm

Hi rod, there is 2 parts to the canal pegs 1-9 (but pegs 1,2,3, and 8 hardly get fished in the match) on matterlan side then a disused railway that's runs right across the canal, and there is an under water tunnel in between pegs 9 and 10. 10-34 down one side of the canal and then you have pegs 35-39 on the opposite side on a bend. Pegs 1-9 is about 13-14 meters across until peg 9 which is on a slight angle and can range from 11 meters onwards, peg 10 is the same as peg 9 only that on peg 9 there is some pipes so you can not get to the wall, pegs 16- 28 is around 16 meters across then 29-32 shallows off to about 13 meters, then peg 33 can just about get across at 15-16 meters but your fishing to a bend and peg 34 your fishing straight out along some over hanging bushes on your left peg 35 is about 18-20 meters across and pegs 36-39 are about 16 meters give or take abit, bait on there is maggot, corn, pellet and paste, also pegs 35-39 are known as the shallows with a depth ranging from 1.5ft to 6 inches up against the far bank.
waggler woman
waggler woman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 878
F.S.H : canal 8d933a21

Back to top Go down

Post by ste hammy Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi mate viv is spot on there. Alls i ever take is 3-4 paints of maggots. And the odd bit of ground bait sometimes.
ste hammy
ste hammy
TOP POSTER AND VALUED MEMBER

Number of posts : 379
F.S.H : canal 27661d1d
: : canal 4731d50e-1

Back to top Go down

Post by rod Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:48 am

thanks makes more interesting watching , it beats our local canal by a mile ,

rod

Back to top Go down

Post by waggler woman Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:48 pm

rod wrote:thanks makes more interesting watching , it beats our local canal by a mile ,

Hows your fishing then rod?
waggler woman
waggler woman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 878
F.S.H : canal 8d933a21

Back to top Go down

Post by rod Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:44 am

down here its really hard goin , onthe chichester canal 28 fished 26 blanks gin clear could see the bottom at 4 metres , i saw an eel stuck a pint of chopped mags down on it [very messy job ] and got it out , for a win , 2nd was an eel , more like lottery than a match, ,mind you i didnt say no to the dosh , next match thames at goring was even worse 18 fished 17 blanks once again clear water 1 chub caught by a late arrival who was to late for the pools and decided to fish the end peg , we did a draw for the pools cash and me being jamy got £20 for nowt ,so we were all peed off but had a good laugh ,next match tommorow caron row farm its been fishing hard there lately , it will heads down for tiny blades or sitting it out for carp which go to 30lb [wont want one of those on the pole ] still looking forward to it, 2 pints of squats 1/2 red mags, worms ,casters , a few dirty jokes [ to distract the others ] and a bit of luck ,have told a few to watch your vids to see how it should be done !

rod

Back to top Go down

Post by markobrowning Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:33 am

YOU NEED TO MOVE UP NORTH MATEY Wink
markobrowning
markobrowning
I LOVE THIS BOARD I DO!
I LOVE THIS BOARD I DO!

Number of posts : 341
F.S.H : canal 9dd11ebe

Back to top Go down

Post by marcus Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:36 pm

Very Happy and looking at my canal results i might as well move down south Embarassed Laughing 4th twice with cr*p weights
marcus
marcus

Number of posts : 1314
F.S.H : canal 708ea916

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: