FISH ST HELENS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 year break from fishing

Go down

4 year break from fishing Empty 4 year break from fishing

Post by maglite Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:03 pm

after taking a long break from fishing ( x wouldnt let me out to play ) i have recently started fishing again mainly in st helens aa waters , ive fished the hotties and loved few early 5 am starts and had some excelent days fishing there but find to my and many locals i tallk to that i ( we ) just cant hack the iddiots that frequent the hotties ,

spent a 5 hour session on the " dig pit " and wont be going again , amazing scenary and perfect looking water but didnt get a bite , 3 of us went and only 1 caught a small bream/skimmer about 1/2 pound in a 5 hour session , we packed up gear into car and decided to go for walk around " car mill " planning our next session on fishing there , we spoke to baliff off car mill and also 3 guys fishing and sadly got bad reports of nothing much happening there , i think its terrible shame the way car mill has been allowed to silt up at the top end next to the dam , personaly i think the " dam " itself deserves a grade 1 listing as a national treasure the way it was built , despite its stunning natural surroundings and wildlife its a travesty the way its been left to fall into dissrepair and silt up .

anyways we decided to have an early start the next morning after a short visit to " leg o mutton" and getting fantastic reports from locals fishing there and also from local tackle shop , we had such a good days fishing there from 5 am , we stayed right through till 10pm ish , about half an hour before we packed up my mate keny walked from peg he was fishing to make a rolly and have a chat to me when we suddenly spotted his pole rocket across the water , was funny at time to see him and our other mate jay running round lake screaming " my pole is in the fkn water " , jay ended up getting into shorts ready to jump in for the pole as it came hard against bank directly opposite the carpark , by this time there was 5 of us trying to get the pole out and net what was on end of it , to all of our amazement this is what came in on 3lb line on 7 mtr roach pole with spam as bait literaly as last light fell [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ,im lookin forward to quite a few more days on legga as its now my favourite st helens aa water .

since all the fish spawned few weeks ago its not been fishing as good but it aint the quantity its the quality that comes out of there if ya have the patience .

im also looking forward to few camping trips out to llangollen and area around lake bala trout fishing , with the barbicue at the ready and case of beer , what more is there to life than a days fishing and a barbie with few beers and friends around , thank fk my x is my x forgot what i was missing tc all and happy fishing .

maglite

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down