FISH ST HELENS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

legga

4 posters

Go down

legga Empty legga

Post by cityrat Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:46 pm

well.... i lost an absolute pearler of a pike yesterday.... at about 12.30 i moved to another swim... i dropped my ledgered sardine next to a sunken tree and continued to drift a sprat around the lake to no avail so reel it in and reset the stop knot to alittle deeper dropped a lead on and went around the other side of the tree in a little swin of about 20ft between an over hanging bush and the sunken tree, after relocating the sardine in to open water, and replaced it on the alarm and left that to its own devices.... i cast out my sprat maybe a a rod and half length out.. within half an hour it bob once then shot off to the right, so i lifted the rod wound down a little and hit it.... i have never felt a pike like it and the bend in the rod was like no other i had caught, now the adreniline (sp) was pumping, the fish was taking line from a tight clutch, becuase of the tree and bush i didn't want it to slack, unfortunatly she was the stronger and took me straight under the tree, and the hooks pulled luckily i got everything back except for the trace which looked like a corkscrew, all this happened with in 3mins or so but seemed like a life time.... unlucky for me i blew my chance for the day as i had to pack in half an hour so quickly changed the trace and sent out another sprat to the exact same spot for the last 30mins.....

Then today!!!

took this little beaut from the same place on a float fished sprat next to a sunken tree about a rod length out unsure of the weight didn't have my scales also sorry for the quality as it was on my phone would have done a self take with camera otherwise...

what weight would you give it?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also i must apollagise for the lack of unhooking mat as i forgot it it won't happen again!!!
cityrat
cityrat

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

legga Empty Re: legga

Post by tc Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:09 pm

hard luck fella, your time will come.

tc

Number of posts : 97
F.S.H : legga 5a461de7

Back to top Go down

Post by marcus Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:38 am

great post city rat! the one that got away! now where have i heard that before lol hope you get it next time mate! thanks for the post and pic Smile
marcus
marcus
TOP POSTER AND VALUED MEMBER
TOP POSTER AND VALUED MEMBER

Number of posts : 1314
F.S.H : legga 708ea916

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisfish Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:55 am

Had a walk round today and couldnt believe it when i saw someone lure fishing and they didnt even have a landing net or mat. the care of fish is is of the upmost importance otherwise they wont be there in the future!

chrisfish

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by cityrat Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Nets when piking can be very messy tho mate.... when they do the roll the lures can get tangled up which destresses the fish and can be quite dangerous... when using lure and i say that lightly coz i don't do alot, i will chin it and unhook it in the water.... unless i cant see the hooks then a net and mat is compulsary
cityrat
cityrat

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisfish Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:02 pm

I prefer chining them myself but a landin net an mat are essential for certain situations like flyin hooks

chrisfish

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down