FISH ST HELENS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The river Ebro

Go down

The river Ebro Empty The river Ebro

Post by jaybarton Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:13 am

Well what can i say got up to the pissing down rain in the travel lodge and got a cab to the airport.
We arrived at about 3.15pm and got picked up by dave and paul our guides for the week at the airport the crew is called Millennium Fishing "Simply the best"
Anyways once we arrived the cat rods were out on the bank all they needed was for us to put the baits on and tie them to the snap link.
Channel Catfish and Mullet were the bait.
11pm just passed and we heard Beep beep BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP i ran over wound down and pumped the rod up and felt the catfish pull back.
45mins past and we still couldn't see the catfish in the water and we were in the boat miles away from the bank
another 20mins went and the fish came up and went nuts slapping its tail on the water and paul finally got grips of the monster
once we got to the bank and got her on the stringer we decided not to way her until the morning but paul said she was about 130lb.

Morning came scales out and this fish never came out 130 but 149lb 10oz just under 11 stone %mabeer% here is the mother ship

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next Few nights were el billy blanko apart from channel cats like these

until me dad went the bar for his turn and i got a run

The last day we went carping it was hard work coz of the sun but i got 1 in the end a 23lb common

we had more channel cats and mullet but no more cats so rio ebro see you next year

jaybarton

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down