FISH ST HELENS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MONASTERY LAKE, SUTTON

5 posters

Go down

MONASTERY LAKE, SUTTON Empty MONASTERY LAKE, SUTTON

Post by sinkertinca Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:57 am

I need to know whether it's actually possible to obtain a permit for the monny in Sutton, without personally knowing people who fish there/ run it. Who does actually run the water? I know Dave Bolton sorts permits but every time I ask him for one he tells me to come back in Julember. Who does the water belong to? I always buy my rod license, St.Helens AA permit (even if I am pissing in the wind) and any other permits I need to fish the appropriate waters, just not allowed to fish one a stones throw away from where I live haha. Very Happy

sinkertinca
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

MONASTERY LAKE, SUTTON Empty Re: MONASTERY LAKE, SUTTON

Post by Donfish Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi there,Monastery dam is virtually at the bottom of our street.Very handybut has gone to the dogs maintenance wise.The Committee seem to do naff all to maintain it.Fences and walls have been broken down by the local low life,and never repaired.
The club is East Sutton AC.Permits are sold from East Sutton labour club but not till
April/May.New members £20,existing members £12.This also includes Sutton Mill Dam,years ago it was a brilliant water,but now very shallow due to silting.Must give it a whirl this year,not fished it for a long,long time! If you PM me with your phone number,I can let you know the dates for permit issue,although I'll only know this nearer the time.

Donfish
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by sinkertinca Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:11 am

Hello Donfish, I went to the labour club first and they told me to go and see Dave on a Saturday morning. He kept coming up with different months for me to come back and i got sick of getting fired off. I seen a lot of kids fishing it last summer and I dont think they bought permits haha. Your right, its not well looked after either but it's local to us and I hope its available. Get in touch with me when u know issue dates please 07769293772

sinkertinca
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sinkertinca Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:54 am

Hello again mate, any news on the dates for these permits? Do you know Mr. Bolton, because i think this may help in getting one.

sinkertinca
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Donfish Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:39 am

Hi mate,I haven't forgot you,I was talking to one of the committee guys the other day. He said permits will be issued in a couple of weeks time,as soon as I know when,I'll phone you. Cheers, Don.

Donfish
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hisnibs Thu May 12, 2011 1:30 am

hi sinkertinka why not give moss nook(sutton) a try instead its an excellent puddle with lots of silvers and carp no waiting list and a good bunch of lads its only £20 a season with matches sat days and wed nights in summer months
hope this is some usefull info for you
tight lines mate
hisnibs
hisnibs

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by sinkertinca Thu May 12, 2011 8:43 am

hello nibs, yeah donfish mentioned this to me, this sounds a lot better than the monny, ive not a chance to check it out yet tho mate, who do i see about a permit?

sinkertinca
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACI11MUFC Fri May 13, 2011 1:29 am

u just go on an bout 5 oclock ish get a permit off dunf

ACI11MUFC
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Donfish Fri May 13, 2011 11:42 am

Hi Owen,I'm going to Moss Nook for my permit about 9 o'clock tomorrow morning.They draw for the match about 9.30,so i'll get there a little earlier.Prices are £25 first year,£20 thereafter.Or go down there on a Wednesday evening as said. For anyone interested,
East Sutton permits are on sale on the 20th of May,and the following Friday the 27th.
East Sutton Labour Club,between 7 and 9.Price is £12 no joining fee from this year.
Waters are Monastery Dam and Sutton Mill Dam.

Donfish
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sinkertinca Sat May 14, 2011 5:32 am

Thanks again for the info don, much appreciated. Ill be goin down on the 27th after my pay day haha!

sinkertinca
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Donfish Sun May 15, 2011 2:10 pm

Was talking to one of the committee lads yesterday,he said they may just be doing one Friday.I'll find out this week and give you a bell.Might not bother myself this year,after you've fished Moss Nook or Clock Face pond,you won't bother with the Monastery!

Donfish
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeG Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:40 am

Both sutton AC waters a good sutton dam is my local so am always over there best spot is the old tree Smile
JakeG
JakeG

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down