FISH ST HELENS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the clegg

+3
carpman2000
chrisfish
damion.razey
7 posters

Go down

the clegg Empty the clegg

Post by damion.razey Fri May 11, 2012 3:48 pm

anyone fishing the clegg be careful my mate got robbed over there the other day whilst night fishing had most of his gear stolen and a black eye and a couple of broken ribs off three lads be careful if your planning a session on there me im staying well clear not losing my stuff

damion.razey
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

the clegg Empty Re: the clegg

Post by chrisfish Fri May 11, 2012 4:04 pm

I live a 2 min walk frm there neva heard anyfin tho. iv fished it a couple of times only for a few hours at a time an neva felt comfortable 1 bit

chrisfish

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by carpman2000 Sat May 12, 2012 1:03 pm

Fucking Rats they Are.. Smack Heads i bet. Love them to try an rob me i'd have a lovley suprize in my holdall for them. Shocking cant even do a nights fishing now in case You get robbed.
carpman2000
carpman2000

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by ashycarphunter Sat May 12, 2012 1:10 pm

Makes my blood boil happened to me when i was a lad at carmill never do it again i would put crocodile dundee to shame with what i have in my holdall , i always keep an eye out for the young anglers easy targets for those low life scum
ashycarphunter
ashycarphunter
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Number of posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by errol77 Sun May 13, 2012 9:52 am

i hear ya all there, u always gotta carry summit in ya holdall an be prepared to use it, i do a lot ov night fishing but wouldnt dream ov it alone. always 2-3 ov us minimum is ya best bet. had it tried on me once on lennons stretch ov canal, from sally army. they shit cos didnt see me mates on other side ov bivvy, as u can guess fishin was called off couple ov hrs earlier than we wanted
errol77
errol77
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by carpman2000 Sun May 13, 2012 9:58 am

Gotta be be prepared to use it. Mate i would'nt carry it if i was'nt going to use it. Mate Hands & arms would be on the floor. Blood every were.. lol Slef defence mate not a thing the law can do..
carpman2000
carpman2000

Back to top Go down

Post by johnwoods Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:02 pm

carpman2000 wrote:Gotta be be prepared to use it. Mate i would'nt carry it if i was'nt going to use it. Mate Hands & arms would be on the floor. Blood every were.. lol Slef defence mate not a thing the law can do..

your wrong on that you may want to check the law on knives and edged weapons

a mag light though or something innocuous like that though, that would be reasonable to expect to have lying close to hand leaves you in the clear

other useful items for the angler that would be reasonable to have close to hand could include a bankstick like a disnmores power drive ok maybe to save space you drop a chunky cheap stainles stick inside it, something else would be leads on paternoster links.. lead bags cooking equipment and utensils lets face it all carpers are known to be fat lazy sods who love chillis so sauces like tabasco are handy to have nearby. you can with some modicum of intelligence make most everyday objects into a weapon

some basics about knives prescribed knives like switchblades flick knifes butterfly knives while being illegal to carry are not illegal to own provided they stay within the boundry of your property, any blade you wish to carry you MUST be able to prove you have a reasonable cause to have it on your person, for instance i carry a leatherneck custom tanto when wading rivers or boat fishing its a six inch fixed blade in a sheath strapped in the center of my back and is carried for the purpose of freeing myself should i become snagged in rope line etc. yes the police have stopped me and my reason was deemed satisfactory i cant swim so its permanantly fixed to my life jacket (which i wear wading for the obvious reason)

having some macho piece of crap like the 'rambo' for self defence is not considered reasonable Laughing

oh and stay away from stealth knives at all costs these are usually ceramic or plastic blades that airport and other metal detectors are unable to detect they are illegal to own full stop and as far as im aware should you be caught with somethingof that ilk then you will automatically go straight to jail without passing go or collecting your £200
johnwoods
johnwoods
A DAB HAND
A DAB HAND

Number of posts : 214
F.S.H : the clegg 7db0e9a0

Back to top Go down

Post by carpman2000 Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:51 pm

Mate i could'nt give a shit. no time for robbing little smack heads. i'll do the bird then if i have to. Very Happy i dont think im rambo but trying to rob my gear then i become van damm... pmsl. . Tight line
carpman2000
carpman2000

Back to top Go down

Post by damion.razey Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:02 am

ivbeen told that newton angling have the clegg the person that told me said the head baliff told him when they where over over the clegg thjey said there going too put a load of f1s in there also been told that someone has been moving carp from the clegg too taylor park as the ghostie from the clegg is in ther and also a couple of 20 s

damion.razey
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Back to top Go down

Post by karl83 Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:32 am

the ghoastie from the clegg died spawning this year i saw it belly up so tha is a load of crap
karl83
karl83
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by damion.razey Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:20 am

there where 2 ghosties in the clegg

damion.razey
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Back to top Go down

Post by karl83 Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:05 pm

ino and the other is still swimming in there or it was yesterday when i went over it was swimming round with the golden orf
karl83
karl83
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Back to top Go down

Post by damion.razey Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:26 pm

do u fish the clegg what bait works best on there

damion.razey
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Back to top Go down

Post by karl83 Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:03 am

pop ups pal work well n bits of pink corn to keep off the weed or fish them in solid bags of pellets
karl83
karl83
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down