FISH ST HELENS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drayton Trip

+2
marcus
andyb
6 posters

Go down

Drayton Trip Empty Drayton Trip

Post by andyb Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:26 am

Drayton trip

Eventually 5 of us turned up all rubbing our hands and itching to get to our pegs. Baz Littlewood, Mike Hammo, Sully, Willliam,(sullys father in law) and myself walked to the boards section of the Reservoir. As we had booked for ten pegs and only five of us fished we had plenty of room between us.

We decided to fish two matches, a three hour one in the morning and a five and a half hour one in the afternoon. The weather was overcast and a little chilly bit hardly any wind.

The draw for the first match saw Mike Hammo on peg one, Baz on peg 2, Willliam on peg 3, Sully on peg four and Andy B on peg 5. All in was called at 9.00am and out went the method feeds loaded with goodies. William was the first to get action and his tip flew round, after nearly 5 mins of playing the fish the hooked pulled. Mike Hammo was getting pulled round more times than he could remember and getting snapped as the fish just ran straight underneath the boards. Baz hooked one and lost it. Sully wasn't getting any bites so he decided to get his margin pole out with 20 red hydro elastic. His first put in saw his float disappear at 100mph and held on for dear life, the fish just ran and ran and ran. There was nothing he could do, another one lost. Andy B saw this and got his margin pole out. Again first put in and the float was gone, this time 8 and a half meters of pole went in the air and nearly 16 meters of red hydro elastic came out the other end, attached was one very big angry carp. Ten minutes later it was landed, a beauty of 15 and a half pound( a new pb). Mark Hammo was the next to net a carp of eleven pounds. Baz had his first carp which took him another ten minutes to land and at the same time Sully was putting his first fish into his keepent. Andy B hit two more in quick succession on pole and was lucky to land them both. Sully and Baz had one more each, Baz on Method and Sully on his pole. Sully's fish went straight under the boards and then came out immediately under his keepnet, quick thinking he scooped it out and was in the keepnet before the carp knew what was going on, this was all done within 10 seconds and was a nice double. Andy B had his fourth fish and was approx 14lbs. Midway during the first match the bailiff came round and took our food order for the local chippy.

First match saw lots of lost fish and everyone scratching their heads as to how to land these animals.

Results Match One

Mike Peg One 11lb
Baz Peg Two 23lb
Will Peg Three 9lb
Sully Peg Four 26lb
Andy B Peg Five 61lb

To make it fair we all had a re draw for the pegs to fish the afternoon match. Andy B one peg one, Sully on peg two,Will on peg 3 again(wasn't happy but didn't need to move his gear), Mike Hammo on peg four and Baz on peg 5. The bailiff brought our dinner to our pegs and everyone enjoyed the chips and pies. After everyone was re fulled all in was called at one o clock.

Andy B was into his first fish within a minute which saw his tip fly round and the rod nearly into the water. Netted and into the keepnet. Two minutes later again same thing, Andy B's reel was making noises and a fish was one, Sully who was in the next peg just looked in amazement. Fish was in the keepnet about ten minutes later. Sully had had enough and entered the lions den, a pole rig was put down the side of the boards which must host more tackle than any shop. Bang pole float under and so was his elastic under the boards. Hooked pulled and fish lost. Not put off he did it again and again and again. I am not joking when I say he must have lost 6 monsters within 20 minutes. Ten pound line straight through on a size 8 hook on 20 hydro elastic and still couldn't stop em. Baz and Mike started to get action on method feeder and straight lead both of them putting four fish in the keepenets each. Andy B watched Sully lose float after float and wasn't getting any more bites on tip so had a go down the side. Sully said bet if your float goes under it will go into the middle not under the boards. Carefully putting the float right in the edger near the boards it went straight away, Sully couldn't believe it when it came straight into the middle of the reservoir, minutes later a lump of about 14 pounds was netted. Sully re set up his pole line and went in. Float gone in seconds pole bent in half trying to heave it out from under the boards and BANG !!!! top kit smashed in two places. Andy B went in again and hit one immediately and got done float and all. Mike Hammo had a four more fish and Baz was quietly putting lumps into his keepnet. Will was not getting a take from anything and the odd comment of "**** hole and fill it in" was heard.
The last few hours saw Sully on Tip and was getting action and at last Will's rod was bending round. Baz and Mike where matching each other fish for fish, Andy B had a couple more on his method rod. Last half an hour Will put four lumps into his keepnet which made him a happy man. Sully put another four more into his net. Baz was slowly getting the edge over Mike and all out was called at 6.30pm

Results of Match Two

Andy B Peg One 62lb
Sully Peg Two 84lb
Will Peg Three 59lb
Mike Peg Four 114 lb
Baz Peg Five 131lb

well done to baz and mike for doing the ton Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

What a day, lots and lots of fish lost, tackle lost and monsters caught. Total time fishing today of 9 1/2 hours and 580lb of fish caught. What a great day out. Everyone really enjoyed it, banter was good and the weather warmed up for the afternoon match.

Thanks to everyone who turned up. We will be going again, very soon. Very Happy Very Happy

Andy B

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
andyb
andyb

Number of posts : 107
F.S.H : Drayton Trip 9dd11ebe

Back to top Go down

Drayton Trip Empty Re: Drayton Trip

Post by marcus Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:14 am

what a cracking day out you all had Very Happy sounds like you had a good laugh as well as a good days fishing can't be bad that Wink gutted i didnt go now but i am deffo up for the next one if there is still a lift on offer Question great set of pics andy and great write up Very Happy cheers mate :fsm:
marcus
marcus
TOP POSTER AND VALUED MEMBER

Number of posts : 1314
F.S.H : Drayton Trip 708ea916

Back to top Go down

Post by mikehammo Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:03 am

tencher wrote:what a cracking day out you all had Very Happy sounds like you had a good laugh as well as a good days fishing can't be bad that Wink gutted i didnt go now but i am deffo up for the next one if there is still a lift on offer Question great set of pics andy and great write up Very Happy cheers mate :fsm:

Try to make the next one mate you will not be disapointed, them there fish are animals affraid

mikehammo
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by marcus Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:59 pm

oh yes i will be there mate Wink what depth was you getting under your feet mike???
marcus
marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by mikehammo Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:15 pm

tencher wrote:oh yes i will be there mate Wink what depth was you getting under your feet mike???
About 3-4 feet i think, its near impossible to get them in from under the boards

mikehammo
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Back to top Go down

Post by marcus Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:19 pm

nice depth that mike, and you just watch i will win more than i lose Wink
marcus
marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by mikehammo Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:25 pm

tencher wrote:nice depth that mike, and you just watch i will win more than i lose Wink
Open water is ok, fishing to the side of the boards is a little bit harder Mad Mad Mad

mikehammo
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Back to top Go down

Post by marcus Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:28 pm

sounds like hard work lol! did anyone try a rod close in?
marcus
marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by mikehammo Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:39 pm

tencher wrote:sounds like hard work lol! did anyone try a rod close in?
Yes me 1st match, 6 hooklenths and 3 method feeders later 1 fish, i fished 6ft off the boards. 2nd match i fished 30yds 11 fish

mikehammo
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SULLY Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:55 pm

I TRYED A CARP ROD 12LB LINE GOT SNAPPED LIKE I WAS FISHIN 1LB LINE.13LOST CARP LATER I GAVE UP AND FISHED ON THE ROD AS FAR AWAY FROM THEM BOARDS AS POSS.GOOD FUN BUT ONLY 1 WINNER THE CARP UNDER THE BOARDS. Laughing Laughing Laughing
SULLY
SULLY

Number of posts : 105
F.S.H : Drayton Trip 27661d1d
: : Drayton Trip 4731d50e-1

Back to top Go down

Post by marcus Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:04 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked they must be beasts, was you getting snapped off on the posts or what??
marcus
marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by andyb Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:07 pm

m8 once they have gone under you have no chance
andyb
andyb

Back to top Go down

Post by marcus Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:10 pm

awesome Cool so now you have been and fished it what would you all do different next time?
marcus
marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by andyb Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:12 pm

a steel pipe with chain as line Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
andyb
andyb

Back to top Go down

Post by marcus Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:16 pm

lol! lol! lol! scratch what else is there to do ?
marcus
marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by THE 1 Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:18 pm

andyb wrote:a steel pipe with chain as line Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
i thought you could not see what i was fishing with ? and i still lost 22 fish all above 10lb each thats 220lb of lost fish but i was not on my own, we all lost a load of fish, Will`s face was a picture when he hooked into his first fish his words were i have hooked a f***ing submarine affraid , They have awsome power, i think little gaz would still be water ski-ing if he had gone brilliant day out.
THE 1
THE 1

Number of posts : 511
F.S.H : Drayton Trip 167ec439

Back to top Go down

Post by waggler woman Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:28 pm

some more pics from Baz, cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by waggler woman on Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
waggler woman
waggler woman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 878
F.S.H : Drayton Trip 8d933a21

Back to top Go down

Post by waggler woman Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:31 pm

cracking fish!!! what was the best bait on the day?
waggler woman
waggler woman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 878
F.S.H : Drayton Trip 8d933a21

Back to top Go down

Post by andyb Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:35 pm

pellet and paste
andyb
andyb