FISH ST HELENS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Basin, Sankey Valley

Go down

The Basin, Sankey Valley Empty The Basin, Sankey Valley

Post by Tight Lines Swift Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:41 am

Hi, Just thought I would let you all know bout my days fishing down at The Basin in Sankey Valley. Started early on 4th June 5ish, very nice morning topped off with 4 tench averaging 2 pounds taken on sweet corn and worm. Talking to others around the lake and the rangers there are tench to a much larger size in this water. This was the first time I had fished this and enjoyed it very much. The wild live is amazing here with king fishers which land on the tip of your rod. The morning led into a hot day with unbroken sunshine, the tench fishing soon stopped around 9. This water is full of little fish so I decided to have a bit of fun and lost count how many rudd I caught just under the surface with very light tackle.

As the heat rose and I was growing tired of the little stuff I noticed two very nice sized carp basking in the sunshine, not monsters tho. After hours tempting them with a piece of bread on the surface one took the bait. However, jumped off after a little battle.

All in all I had a nice days fishing and would recomend the Basin to anyone who likes a pieceful days fishing and watching wild life pass you by.

Tight Lines Swift
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down