FISH ST HELENS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day on Carriage Drive

2 posters

Go down

Day on Carriage Drive Empty Day on Carriage Drive

Post by CarbonPoleCarper Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Having never fished Carriage for 2-3 years as I've only just got a Pilks permit again I decided to go fishing on Thursday. I got there for about 10am and had a quick walk round to see where to fish, I decided quite quickly on the 3rd peg to the Left as you walk into Carriage which is a peg that has been dug out the bank and is around 2-3 feet lower than the walkway behind I picked this peg for two reasons, Firstly there was a warm wind blowing towards that bank and there was a good chance the fish would follow, Secondly the peg gave me 3 lines to fish, an 8 meter line on the edge of the overhanging tree to my left and two short lines a 3 meter line also to the left about 2-3 feet out and a 2 meter line to my right 2 feet from the bank next to some reeds, Thirdly and MOST importantly Very Happy because this was my second time pole fishing and as yet I haven't bought a pole roller Shocked at the moment the bank behind was perfect to lay my holdall down on and used to ship my pole back on Jobs a Good'un Very Happy

For bait I had some micro pellets that came in the Fox Match box I had bought second hand I threw a few in at the side to make sure they all sank and they did thank God and I had taken along some maggots that 95% of them had turned to casters since fishing the Paddock a few days before. Also some Dynamite baits pineapple hooker pellets and some good old Sweetcorn.

I plumbed the 8 meter line which was about 3-4 feet and the two short line were quite shallow at 1.5-2 feet deep I fed all the lines from the start with a mixture of micro pellets and some hooker pellets and a couple of grains of corn and fished hooker pellet on the hook. I started off fishing the 8 meter line which was slow apart from a couple of liners I fished this for about 30 mins and noticed swirling on my short 3 meter line to my left and very close in under my feet where I had threw some tester pellets in earlier and I could a couple of tench tails fins just below the surface and they were having a feast on the pellets so I fed the 3 meter line and decided to change to corn on the hook after a few liners and a missed bite I struck into a 3lb Tench that fought quite well but was quickly subdued as I have a Power top kit with a Prestons 17h elastic and Prestons Reflo Xceed 0.205mm (7.7lb) Mainline with a Prestons Pre-Tied Size 14 Carp Hook to a 5lb hooklength so not much is gonna get away or so I thought Rolling Eyes .

After that bite I tried the same line again but as it was so shallow anything else had spooked off so I went to the 8 meter again but constantly fed the short lines. After a couple of Roach on the 8 meter I again moved back in close and fished the 2 meter line to my right again on corn and within 5 mins the float slipped away and I was into a quite hard fighting 6-7lb Common Carp.

After that the all the lines went quiet so I moved onto maggot on the hook and bagged a couple of small perch and some nice roach on the 8 meter line. I then moved back to the 3 meter left line and after about 15 mins hit into a BIG fish that steamed off straight towards where I was fishing my 8 meter line and then TWANG!! the elastic sprung back and on closer inspection the line had given way on the knot round the hook Sad I was gutted the bow waves from the fish steaming off where huge so I guess it was a good double.

I changed the hook link straight away and was back fishing after about 30 mins the float on the 3 meter line bobbed then slowly slipped away I struck into nothing and again some nice bow waves as the fished moved off out the swim this must of been a liner and had took the float completely under. So again fished this line for another 20 mins then the float shot under a steady strike saw a good fight the net was slipped under a nice Common just on or under a double a lovely looking fish absolutley spotless. I fished again for a couple of hours with no success I changed my depth and fished very shallow on the 2 meter line on the left and after some steady little and often feeding the float dipped under and I was into another Common of around 7-8lb another hard fighting fish the put up a very spirited fight I returned the fish to the water and decided to call it a day and pack up and went home very happy with the days events and looking forward to getting back on there as soon as i can.

Thanks for reading and Tight Lines.

CarbonPoleCarper

CarbonPoleCarper
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Day on Carriage Drive Empty Re: Day on Carriage Drive

Post by marcus Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:17 am

realy enjoyed that read paul Very Happy its the kind of posts the sight has been missing Crying or Very sad thanks for sharing your day fishing with us and i look forward to your next report cheers thanks again!
marcus
marcus
TOP POSTER AND VALUED MEMBER
TOP POSTER AND VALUED MEMBER

Number of posts : 1314
F.S.H : Day on Carriage Drive 708ea916

Back to top Go down