FISH ST HELENS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mill Dam its fishing well.

3 posters

Go down

Mill Dam its fishing well. Empty Mill Dam its fishing well.

Post by mullic10 Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:34 am

Had a good day on peg 10 last Tuesday. The weather forcast was rain for the afternoon so iI got there early around 6.30 am. I had the lake to myself and chose peg 10. I fished to the small island using method feeder on .16mm bottom using a lassoo to hairig a 8mm softpellet as I have found the fish to prefer soft rather than hard in this lake. I sokked some micro pellets for about 1 minute and covered them with some swimstim for the method feeder . I cast to the island and clipped up on my reel for accuracy and on the second cast had a mirror about a pound. I fished uptil 11.30am when it started to chuck it down bigtime and I had finished with 18 carp , biggest 8lb and one small tench .I am off work now for 2 weeks so its back to Mill Dam and hopefully some more great fishing,
Tight lines

mullic10
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Mill Dam its fishing well. Empty Re: Mill Dam its fishing well.

Post by CarbonPoleCarper Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:44 am

Well done mate some good dangling let us know how you get on with your other trips.

CarbonPoleCarper
New'ish Member
New'ish Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Glen Quagmire Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:48 am

I fished there on monday,though i heard mixed reviews latley.The first person i asked said he's caught 2 carp in 8 hours!I went down to about 3 pegs from the end,knowsley rd side.Im learning to use banded pellets so they were on my feeder set up and fished float about 15 ft out.After a quiet start i was believing the hype,but luckily i started to get plenty of nice roach and skimmers on the float,red maggot,corn,pellet all worked equally well.By now i was considering reeling in my feeder for good,then the tip bent right round and a nice mirror was landed,followed by some decent size bream, f1s and commons.
Glen Quagmire
Glen Quagmire

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down