FISH ST HELENS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

klonking canal roach

+5
newo
waggler woman
ste hammy
jordy_case
marcus
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

klonking canal roach - Page 2 Empty Re: klonking canal roach

Post by newo Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:54 am

tencher wrote:a few years ago i worked on the constuction of the glass museum and there is a culvert running directly underneath the museum which in victorian times was basicly a sewer, you can see it when on the hotties if you look down the embankment, if there is fish in there i will be very surprised but anythings possible.

which side of ther canal,are you talking about Tencher, if its the pilks side then what you describe might be
part of the old smelting set up for the glass House part of the flue system it wasa brick lined tunnel that allowed the air to get into the glass smelter to boost the heat to 1700 degrees to melt the metal(Glass ) , the culvert i`m talking about is on the towpath side of the hotties and runns parallel to the hotties till it goes under the canal at the big bend

newo

Number of posts : 18
F.S.H : klonking canal roach - Page 2 5a461de7

Back to top Go down

Post by marcus Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:37 am

we are talking of the same culvert newo, and i have been down them brick lined tunnels in 2000 and they were full of old blobs of glass .
marcus
marcus
TOP POSTER AND VALUED MEMBER
TOP POSTER AND VALUED MEMBER

Number of posts : 1314
F.S.H : klonking canal roach - Page 2 708ea916

Back to top Go down

Post by newo Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:38 pm

tencher wrote:we are talking of the same culvert newo, and i have been down them brick lined tunnels in 2000 and they were full of old blobs of glass .

great then thanks Tencher jeese the sweat ive left down those tunnels in the 50s and 60s thats something to forget lolol

newo

Number of posts : 18
F.S.H : klonking canal roach - Page 2 5a461de7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2